Friday 27 November 2009

Mood Chair - Aether and Hemera

As we get closer to the holidays, I must admit that I have been feeling a bit guilty about my excessive consumerism over the past few years... I suppose working on a "low carbon" project/product development for three months will do that to you.

However, that said... I thought it was worth starting an unrealistic holiday wish list by way of the interweb.

In addition to a solution to global warming, world peace, universal healthcare for the states and a winning lottery ticket... I will start with my first item on the list.

Behold:

Introducing the mood chair by Aether and Hemera of Newcastle upon Tyne. So far there is no indication of cost or availability (probably a good sign that it will either not be made for production, or follow the age old rule: "if you have to ask you can't afford it").

However, the LED powered chair is designed to help you relax after a long day at the office by setting the mood. It seems a bit like a mood ring made for geeks, but that said... I can't help but think that this would put me in a better mood if it greeted me on my way into the house every evening.

I suppose a child, dog, cat, or even goldfish would probably have the same effect... but we all know that I'm not ready to take care of any of those things. Come to think of it-- I'm just not sure I have enough time to take care of a chair right now anyways.
Via: Unplggd

No comments:

Post a Comment